One of my all-time favorite salsas is the Whole Foods Mango salsa. I’ll throw it on just about anything from steamed rice to the quesadilla I’m about to show how!
The salsa can be found in most Whole Foods, but I generally find it by placing the order online ahead of time. Curbside orders are my jam. It’s my new and improved 2022 Whole Foods experience.
The salsa not only has fresh mango, but also jalapeno, cilantro, red onion, lime juice, and pineapple It’s an incredible combination of ingredients! I’m telling you, this Whole Foods Mango salsa is one of their best products.
Something to note, it usually appears for me when I search mango salsa, but you should also be able to find it by searching pineapple mango salsa, pineapple salsa, or mango pineapple on the online order search for Whole Foods Market.
As soon as the container opens, you’re going to want to try a spoonful!
There’s no exact science to this recipe. Each time I do it a little differently based on what I have in the fridge. That’s the beauty of a quesadilla, right?
As far as tortillas go, if I’m trying to be healthy with a focus on real foods / gut-friendly products, I’ll go for the small gluten-free Siete tortillas. If not, I just usually grab the easy-to-find flour tortillas.
Now let’s dive into making the Whole Foods Mango Salsa Quesadilla!
Whole Foods Mango Salsa Quesadilla
- 1 tortilla
- 1 tsp vegetable oil or avocado oil spray for the pan so the tortilla doesn't stick
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (Mexican combo is my choice)
- 1 tbsp tomatillo salsa
- ½ cup Whole Foods Mango Salsa
- Add vegetble oil or avocado oil spray to pan on medium-high heat
- Once heated, add the tortilla to the pan
- Add cheese to half of the tortilla
- Fold side without cheese over the cheese side
- Let cook until cheese starts to melt
- Once the cheese is almost completly melted flip over
- Let cheese finish melting and remove from pan
- Top with tomatillo salsa and mango salsa
I have the Carraway cooking set in cream and absolutely love it!
The mango salsa isn’t very liquidy so you can definitely add it inside with the cheese if you choose! Make it your own!
You can absolutely do this the same exact way but with two tortillas instead of folding one in half! Depends on how hungry you are!
Learn More about Monica in the FAQ section of the blog!